[Dovecot] Message index corruption when using Thunderbird and Dovecot

Reuben Pearse reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com
Mon Feb 13 14:16:42 EET 2006

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded from UW-IMAP to Dovecot 1.0.beta3 on Redhat9. I
migrated my mailbox to from Mbox to Maildir using the mb2md perl script,
and created a procmail recipe file to get email arriving in the Maildir
directories. However, when accessing my mailbox from Thunderbird
(version 1.5), it occasionally mixes up the email header with the email
content. I also occasionally get errors like this when clicking on old
messages (ones that got converted as part of the mb2md script).

The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Error in
IMAP command UID:
Invalid BODY[..] parameter: Missing '>' in '<16384.-15744>'

However, if I click on the email item again, Thunderbird is then able to
retrieve the message correctly.

Can anyone provide some help with these problem.

Thanks in advance

--
Reuben Pearse
Principal Technical Consultant

reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com
T +44 121 428 4440   F +44 121 428 3454
PSL  The Old Sewing Factory  5a Greenfield Road  Harborne Birmingham
B17 0ED

To find out more about our services please visit  http://www.pslconnect.com

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the