[Dovecot] IMAP timeout

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky eugenydzh at jdevelop.com
Mon Feb 13 16:49:55 EET 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 03:46:07PM +0100, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2006-02-13 13:55:19 +0200, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> > Hi there!  Is it possible to set timeout for IMAP connection somehow? The
> > problem is when I'm using mutt to access IMAP mailbox, everything works fine,
> > but after some idle time mutt tells mailbox is closed and next connection
> > crashes it. With courier mutt works just fine, so I think may be dovecot have
> > some timeout which need to be adjusted? I checked manuals and configuration,
> > but no luck...
> >
> > In both cases (dovecot/courier) I'm using IMAP over SSL
>
> which mutt version? header cache enabled?
> can you get a core file/stacktrace?

Mutt 1.5.11 (2005-09-15)
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: FreeBSD 5.5-PRERELEASE (i386) [using slang 10409] [using libiconv 1.9]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
-USE_FCNTL  +USE_FLOCK   -USE_INODESORT
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_GNUTLS  -USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX  +COMPRESSED
+HAVE_COLOR  -HAVE_START_COLOR  -HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  -HAVE_BKGDSET
-HAVE_CURS_SET  -HAVE_META  -HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME  -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME
-BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
+HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  -HAVE_LIBIDN  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
-USE_HCACHE
-ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/local/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
-MIXMASTER
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev at mutt.org>.
To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

patch-1.5.6+20040904.tg.mutt-thread.3
vvv.quote
patch-1.5.0.ats.date_conditional.1
dgc.deepif.1
vvv.initials
rr.compressed

regarding core - I need to build it with debug info
--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky