[Dovecot] Message index corruption when using Thunderbird and Dovecot

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Tue Feb 14 21:40:55 EET 2006

I had one similar problem with beta 1 or beta 2 (I'm sure it was between
1.0alpha5 and 1.0beta2 because my first
version used was around 2 days before 1.0beta1 was released).

Environment: Thunderbird 1.5 (and pine).

I had some character corruptions. After restart of thunderbird everything
was fine again.

I grepped through my log files, only one entry:
Corrupted index cache file /home/user/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.cache:
invalid field header size

Maybe it helps.

I know this is not a quite good bug report but it only happened once.

Ciao,
Gerhard