[Dovecot] Question regarding 'dovecot-auth'

Paul E Virgo pvirgo at cne-samba.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 15 17:53:33 EET 2006

Hello Timo,

I am compiling dovecot-1.0.beta3, and I get the following message when
the dovecot-auth module is being
compiled:
 Undefined symbol sql_drivers_register_all first referenced in main.o

Now I had run 'configure' with the '--without-sql-drivers' since I
neither have MySQL or PostgresSQL installed on my server.
Does this mean I DO have to get either package, install, and run it
'--with-sql-drivers'? Or is it that the '--without...' feature doesn't
work as intended? Am I making ANY sense? Thanks.