[Dovecot] IMAP and Outlook XP Contacts

DiskMan diskman at kc.rr.com
Sun Feb 19 00:19:58 EET 2006

I was wondering, does Dovecot's IMAP server hand Outlook XP's contact lists?
I tried to enter a contact on my IMAP server and received an error from
Outlook stating that the Contacts formatting was too complex and thus
couldn't be saved.

I went ahead and swung my box over to MailDir and scrapped Sendmail for
Postfix [for maildir support], I was wondering, would this issue continue?
In other words, by swinging over to MailDir, would Dovecot be able to handle
Outlook's Contacts information? Will L G