[Dovecot] IMAP and Outlook XP Contacts

Sun Feb 19 06:09:11 EET 2006

>> Insight Connector for Courier-IMAP is a commercial plugin for Microsoft
>> Outlook™ that allows native Outlook groupware capabilities using
>> Courier-IMAP. Outlook users can perform tasks typically available only
>> when using the Exchange server, including folder sharing. Some of the
>> features include folder sharing, public folders sharing,
>> appointments/tasks scheduling, real-time data management, calendar
>> sharing and other collaborative tasks.
>>
>> A trial version of Connector can be downloaded from
>> http://courier.bynari.net. This software is supported by Bynari.

> so it is a commercial addon. ... than i think the answer is no.

Just because this particular implementation is commercial doesn't mean
that an open source version couldn't be done. So, you are wrong - the
answer is not 'no', it is 'yes, it *can* be done, but apparently there
is no open source/free version at this time'.

I only posted this as a response to your question about using imap to
store/retrieve contacts.

And if it matters, I was as surprised as anyone when I read that
announcement.

Charles