[Dovecot] mbox to maildir conversion - good idea regarding Outlook?

DiskMan diskman at kc.rr.com
Mon Feb 20 16:57:50 EET 2006

To: Gerhard Hofmann
Funny you should ask... I just swung my box over from MBOX to MAILDIR and to
be honest it works like a top. About the only issue I had was when I was
experimenting with the IMAP portion of the server and Outlook XP/2000. With
Outlook I received several 'timeout msgs' or 'not connected'. With the
option below:

imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle

I would just simply click on 'Connect' or 'Send/Receive' and I was good to
go once more. Other than that, it ran like a top... Will L G