[Dovecot] Dovecot lda woes

DiskMan diskman at kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 21 03:09:29 EET 2006

Did you give this a try? I might have missed one of your previous emails...

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA#head-d8481a6e7656846defee801720e6df7015516e8e

Now add a

virtualdomain.tld dovecot:dovecot

    *

      line for each virtual domain to mailertable.cf and run makemap. The
dovecot (or some other random text) after the colon character is required or
sendmail will fail to pass command arguments to deliver correctly. Make sure
all the virtual domains are in the virtuserdomains file.

Be aware that sendmail logs stat=unknown mailer error 89 if deliver returns
any unusual error. This message confuses and can lead one to believe
sendmail is failing to find the deliver executable. Rather it means the
error is unknown.