[Dovecot] Dovecot and Squirrelmail problem

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Wed Feb 22 22:14:14 EET 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 10:18 -0600, Scott Mayo wrote:
>
>>I get the following error when I check my mail a lot.  I can keep
>>refreshing until all errors are gone, then I am alright.  This started
>>happening when I turned on the serverside sorting in squirrelmail.  How
>>do I check to see which mails are causing this problem?
>>

>>ERROR: Could not complete request.
>>Query: COPY 10223:10223 "INBOX.Trash"
>>Reason Given: Internal error [2006-02-22 10:08:53]
>

> Look at Dovecot's log files. It tells the real error message in there.
>
> Also it looks like you're using 0.99.x Dovecot. If the real error
> message doesn't help solving the problem, upgrading to 1.0beta3 could
> help.

Ok, I will look into upgrading.  In the meantime, here is what the log
showed.  Any idea what that means?  Will the upgrade fix this?

Thanks.

Feb 22 10:08:52 mail imap(sgmayo): Error indexing mbox file
/home/sgmayo/mail/INBOX.Trash: From-line not found where expected
Feb 22 10:08:52 mail imap(sgmayo): Error indexing mbox file
/home/sgmayo/mail/INBOX.Trash: From-line not found where expected
Feb 22 10:08:53 mail imap(sgmayo): Error indexing mbox file
/home/sgmayo/mail/INBOX.Trash: LF not found where expected

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.