[Dovecot] Impact of log files on performance

vmstech vmstech at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 27 14:30:17 EET 2006

Hi - im trawling through my config trying to reduce chances of timeouts
etc - I use postgres for all the dovecot and exim4 authentication and
location of mail directories etc - and found that by eliminating logging
(or reducing to almost none) the queries invovled have gone from >500ms
to <3ms - Just wondering if I'll get similar performance gains with
dovecot (which is set to be verbose as I could) -  esp during connection
thx
Glenn