[Dovecot] Re: mbox to maildir conversion - good idea regarding Outlook?

Gerhard Hofmann gerhard.hofmann at planat.de
Tue Feb 28 11:41:20 EET 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> BTW. Nowadays Dovecot includes its own conversion tool also, which might
> work better than mb2md. Usage is something like:
>
> src/plugin/convert-tool user /home/user mbox:/home/user/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u maildir:/home/user/Maildir

Hi,

haven't found convert-tool on my Debian box (I used apt-get to install
everything...), so I tried mb2md for a test account as described in the
WIKI.

Output of mb2md and also resulting Maildir directory and files looked to
me like everything worked, but now Thunderbird doesn't show the
mailboxes that were converted from mbox to maildir.

Right now, I haven't set default_mail_env in dovecot.conf as everything
was detected automatically.

Of course, I could set default_mail_env but I don't want to convert all
users to maildir before having seen it works for one specific testing
account.

Can I set default_mail_env on a per use base? Will I have to use namespaces?

TIA
Gerhard