[Dovecot] POP3 only - why is cur/ growing?

Lorens dovecot.fdop at tagged.lorens.org
Thu Jan 5 16:19:52 EET 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 05:57:07AM -0800, Wally Winchester wrote:
> Hi,
> I use Sarge's dovecot for a pop3 mail collection server. IMAP is not
> used at all. It works well, but I would like to know why one of the
> accounts also keeps a copy of all e-mail copies in the cur/ folder?

Because the MUA popping the mail is configured to "leave
messages on server". Sometimes it's called "Keep unread messages
on server" or variations on the theme. It's usually configured
in the same place on the MUA as the username and password for
the account.

If the answer only creates more questions for you, you'll
probably find lots of information on  search engine now that
you have some decent keywords to use :-)

HANY everybody