[Dovecot] Questions regarding quota

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Fri Jan 6 15:14:56 EET 2006

Hi, Jan-Piet

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 12:48:18PM +0100, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
> Hello Joshua,
>
> where would that dirsize:/... be set when using LDAP? I'm reading
> a quota attribute type from LDAP, and I see its value in dovecot's
> log, but I don't get a QUOTA capability shown to me upon login,
> nor does a `GETQUOTA ""' do anything.

a) You need the workaround patch I posted earlier to have QUOTA in the
   capability string (pending a better way for plugins to hook into the
   capability command handler)

b) our /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf contains the line:

user_attrs = uid,homeDirectory,mailStoreDirectory,,,,mailQuota=quota

It's that last part that is significant - it ties Dovecot's internal
QUOTA environmental variable to the mailQuota LDAP attribute, which
then looks like this:

mailQuota: dirsize:/var/mailstore/bob at example.com/:storage=102400

These aren't standard attribute names, by the way - they're from a
private enterprise schema.

anyway, hth.

Joshua.

--
Josh "Koshua" Goodall                      "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109