[Dovecot] How long to 1.0?

Udo Rader udo.rader at bestsolution.at
Tue Jan 10 01:30:47 EET 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 00:25 +0100, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm wondering how close Dovecot can be said to be to 1.0 "Final". How
> stable can the alpha branch be said to be?
>
> I was browsing around the Dovecot homepage, but I couldn't find any
> answer to this question. I hope it hasn't been asked (too many times)
> before.

In dovecot terms "alpha" doesn't mean broken, untested software but
instead that new features are still due to come.

Almost everybody here on this ML is (like us) using the alpha versions
in production environments and they have proven to be very stable.

Udo Rader

--
BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH
http://www.bestsolution.at