[Dovecot] How long to 1.0?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 10 14:27:33 EET 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 00:59 +1300, Reuben Farrelly wrote:
> personally have a small list of unresolved problems eg epoll with SSL fails
> miserably after about 5 mins with some weird errors,

No-one forces you to use epoll ;) I haven't even tried to look at those
problems yet. The epoll code wasn't even written by me, so I don't know
much about epoll anyway..

> and in the last 48 hours I have had 61
> instances of "(imap) killed with signal 11" in my logs for which I have no idea
> why or what causes this.

Probably the same crashes I started seeing yesterday after upgrading.
Probably IDLE bugs, but I haven't had time to start debugging these yet.
Have you tried if you can get core dumps out of them?

BTW. Postfix debugging howto tells how to run Postfix processes in gdb:

      debugger_command =
          PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin; export PATH; (echo cont; echo
          where; sleep 8640000) | gdb $daemon_directory/$process_name
          $process_id 2>&1
          >$config_directory/$process_name.$process_id.log & sleep 5

Maybe the same thing could be implemented for Dovecot..