[Dovecot] reply-to address of the list

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 12 23:41:42 EET 2006

On 12.1.2006 23:22, "Udo Rader" <udo.rader at bestsolution.at> wrote:

> is there a chance to alter the list behaviour to not use the sender
> address of a posting in the reply-to field but dovecot at dovecot.org
> instead?
>
> That way one has to either use "reply to all" in the MUA or manually
> enter dovecot at dovecot.org in any replies. And a "reply to all"
> duplicates postings because the posting once goes to the list and once
> to the original poster, that get's the reply twice then.
>
> Or maybe I am missing something ... :-)

It has been discussed at least once before in this list. Basically not
everyone wants it, and if you do you can set the header yourself.

I don't like it either with some lists. When I'm posting a question to a
mailing list, I want to get a private reply since I'm not reading every
single mail in the mailing list.

I guess it's the exact opposite when you're just trying to help people and
don't really care all that much if you see the reply or not :)