[Dovecot] Corrupted index files

Andy Cravens acravens at uen.org
Fri Jan 13 00:04:29 EET 2006

I'm using alpha 5 and I'm getting "Corrupted index cache files" errors
on one user's account.  I found several posts in the mail archives on
this subject and concluded from the responses that it's not a serious
problem because Dovecot can deal with it.  I deleted the index files and
they were recreated but the error persists.  The end user did not notice
any problem but it makes me nervous.  Is this something I should be
concerned about?

dovecot: Jan 12 10:22:06 Error: imap(username): Corrupted index cache
file /export/home/username/mail/dovecot.index.cache: Duplicated field in
header: hdr.CONTENT-TYPE
dovecot: Jan 12 14:31:08 Error: imap(username): Corrupted index cache
file /export/home/username/mail/.syslog_analyzer/dovecot.index.cache:
Duplicated field in header: hdr.CONTENT-TYPE
dovecot: Jan 12 14:43:56 Error: imap(username): Corrupted index cache
file /export/home/username/mail/.gl3_ip_allocation/dovecot.index.cache:
Duplicated field in header: hdr.CONTENT-TYPE

By the way... is there a search function somewhere for searching the
mailing list archives?  I ended up selecting one month at a time and
searching through the thread titles with my browser's "find" button.

--
Andy