[Dovecot] Password changing?

john jdroma0 at uky.edu
Sat Jan 14 04:58:34 EET 2006

Hey all, new user to the dovecot mailing list but I promise, this is a
neat question.

Is it possible to request users change their email password through
their email client?

I'm currently authenticating email logins to my dovecot server through
SSL, with each users password checked against their /etc/passwd
password.  So far, thunderbird will ask for the users new password
(forced change at first logon,) but it fails to change the users
password through the encrypted email connection.  Any assistance would
be gladly appreciated.  Getting past this hurdle means i can eliminate
one more bill gates server/money hole with a power button.

P.S. If anyone isnt using this "feature" to get users to set their email
password, how might i ask are you getting users to change their email
password to dovecot?

--John