[Dovecot] Plain password not authenticating

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 14 21:04:08 EET 2006

On Saturday 14 Jan 2006 18:57, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Are you sure you're running it with 1.0alpha5? Since this error looks
> like it's 0.99.x that's parsing the config file. Check with
> dovecot --version.

No, it says
1.0.alpha5.

I have uninstalled the old one, but it is possible that some debris
remains.  I'll check date/time stamps if you can think of any files
that could be causing it.  Certainly the new config file being checked
is not in the same place as the old one.  I know which one is being
read because editing out the '=' sign had an effect.

Anne