[Dovecot] Imap working, but not Pop3

Roger Weeks rjw at mcn.org
Mon Jan 16 19:31:03 EET 2006

There's no service named pop3 - or imap for that matter.  'chkconfig
dovecot' is what you'll need to run.  /etc/init.d/dovecot starts both
the pop3 and imap daemons, provided you have enabled both pop3 and
imap in the dovecot.conf.

Secondly, if you're using the old 0.99 version on RedHat, I recommend
you upgrade to the 1.0alpha/beta version.  We had no end of issues
with 0.99 on RedHat ES 4.

--
Roger J. Weeks
Systems & Network Administrator