[Dovecot] 1.0 beta1 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 16 23:40:22 EET 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 13:35 -0800, Peter Hessler wrote:
> That's silly.  The first thing I try with any new install is test it
> out.  The idea of generating the DH key during install is useful.

Well, the problem with this is that there's no standard way to "install
Dovecot". Each binary package builder would have to do this separately.
For people installing from sources there would have to be some special
command for doing this and instructions for doing this.

Unless you mean that it should work exactly as now, except Dovecot
shouldn't be left running in background before the DH parameters are
generated? I don't see much difference here. And it'd need more code :)