[Dovecot] virtual users with winbind

Paul Matthews paul.matthews at cathedral.qld.edu.au
Tue Jan 17 01:56:27 EET 2006

hi there,

i'm trying to setup virtual users with winbind, i have everything setup in
dovecot other than 'Data source for users, homes and IDs'.

i have 'Password authentication source' set to
auth_passdb = pam
my pam module is using winbind with the mkhomedir.so

i have 'Mail file location' set to
default_mail_env = mbox:/home/%u/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

i have 'Data source for users, homes and IDs' set tp
auth_userdb = passwd

at the moment my local users can sign in, but my winbind users can't, i'm
looking for a way to make auth_userdb look up a pam module, or something ...
i don't know what i'm looking for, can someone help me with virtual users
with winbind?