[Dovecot] plain text auth

ohp at pyrenet.fr ohp at pyrenet.fr
Tue Jan 17 19:49:15 EET 2006

Hi everyone,

This is my second try with dovecot, and still no luck.
What I want is twig to work with dovecot on the localhost address .

I need to authenticate through pam for real accounts and through pgsql for
virtual ones.

I just cant autenticate:
logs are : imap-:login: Authenticate PLAIN failed: Unsupported
authentication  mechanism
or: Aborted login: method = PLAIN

Could someone please share a working config file that does what I want?
I'm struggling for weeks now both on tyhe alpha5 and beta1 versions.

TIA

--
Olivier PRENANT        	        Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)
FRANCE                          Email: ohp at pyrenet.fr