[Dovecot] core files

jared demottjar at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 00:36:14 EET 2006

Hey all:

Was playing around with kill -11 on dovecot processes to see which ones
would dump core and which ones wouldn't.  If ulimit is correct dovecot
and dovecot-auth will dump.  If you perform the recommended (Set
mail_drop_priv_before_exec = yes in config file) step, imap will also
dump core.  But I'm unable to force imap-login to dump core.  I'm
curious if this is possible without the linux kernel patch that's
recommended on http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html.  (BTW tried the patch
on my 2.4.18 kernel but the patch had all kinds of errors.)

Thanks,
Jared DeMott