[Dovecot] RPM spec file

Willem Riede wriede at riede.org
Sun Jan 22 15:36:22 EET 2006

On 01/22/2006 06:38:15 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> What would you think if I just removed it completely from tarball? It
> doesn't look like it works currently properly, and it probably needs to
> be changed a bit for each different distribution?

I would say that is appropriate. On Fedora, where I'm using it, you certainly
need a different .spec than your tarball contains, so if novice users were to
pull in the latest and greatest release from dovecot.org and rpmbuild it as-is
on their FC system, that would only lead to frustration.

Regards, Willem Riede.