[Dovecot] 1.0.beta2 released

Vaclav Haisman v.haisman at sh.cvut.cz
Mon Jan 23 19:50:14 EET 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:

>I had originally thought that I'd do a complete audit of the Dovecot's
>sources this weekend, but looks like I didn't. Hopefully I've been
>writing good enough code that the "1000 EUR for security hole" offer
>lasts for a long time. :)
>
>This release should fix the SSL parameter regeneration problem. There
>were two changes that were needed to fix it, but I had forgotten the
>other one.
>
>v1.0.beta2 2006-01-22  Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
>
>	+ Added SQLite support. Patch by Jakob Hirsch.
>	+ Added auth_debug_passwords setting. If it's not enabled, hide all
>	  password strings from logs.
>	+ Added mail_cache_min_mail_count and mbox_min_index_size settings
>	  which can be used to make Dovecot do less disk writes in small
>	  mailboxes where they don't benefit that much.
>	+ Added --build-ssl-parameters parameter to dovecot binary
>	- SSL parameters were being regenerated every 10 minutes, although
>	  not with all systems.
>	- Fixed dovecot-auth crashing at startup. Happened only with some
>	  specific compilers.
>	- base_dir was supposed to be set world-readable, not world-writable

Hi,
I have attached patch that should fix all kqueue issues (I hope). It is
smaller than it looks because I also reindented both kqueue files with
tabs as is the rest of the source.

The ioloop.c hunk is necessarry for me to be able to io_remove() handle
in io_loop_notify_handler_deinit() that I have added in
io_loop_notify_handler_init(). Without it io_loop_destroy() will remove
the io record behind my back which crashes the program.

The other attached patch is what I used for easier debugging. I think it
could help somebody else too.

Vaclav Haisman