[Dovecot] chained ssl cert not working

harryp at dmsnev.com harryp at dmsnev.com
Wed Jan 25 07:10:30 EET 2006

I am running a production server with 40 pop3 users using dovecot 0.99.14.
I am trying to get a chained certificate installed that I purchased
through godaddy.com. I need some clarification on how to do this. I found
some really vague instructions on the dovecot wiki
http://wiki.dovecot.org/ChainedSSLCertificates?highlight=%28chained%29
Unfortunately these instructions are very confusing for me. I also found
someone else who asked a similar question
http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2005-June/007528.html

I have tried to get this to work, but have failed. Could someone please
explain this better. I don't understand if all of these keys/certificates
go into 1 file or what. I need an example if someone could be so kind as
to take a moment of their time.

Thanks for any help.