[Dovecot] Dovecot don't recognise new messages in maildir /new

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 25 16:18:53 EET 2006

On 24 Jan 2006, at 12:41, Tim Wagner wrote:

> I'm using Postfix as MTA, the new messages deliver by postfix to
> the maildir:
> /mail/domain.tld/userpart/new/

Does /mail/domain.tld/userpart/new/ have [new|cur|tmp]
subdirectories, please?

I would normally expect to tell Postfix to deliver to "/path/to/
maildir/" (note trailing slash - I think this is used to indicate
delivery to a maildir rather than a mbox) and have Postfix sort out
the rest. The "new" bit in the end is normally a maildir subfolder
and your IMAP server will move read messages from "/path/to/maildir/
new/" to "/path/to/maildir/cur/" - because the [new|cur|tmp]
subdirectories are standard within the maildir structure you don't
need to mention them in any of your configuration files.

> Is there a bug known or do i something wrong?

Well, you could document the problem better. Examples of
configurations files and an `ls -l` showing the full path to a
problem email message might very well help.

Stroller.