[Dovecot] X-Status: D

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Thu Jan 26 22:56:02 EET 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Chris Wakelin wrote:

> Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I've some folders where I deleted some messages. They are not really
>> deleted, but have the X-Status: D header field set.
>>
>> How can I force a real delete in dovecot?
>>
>> Thank you for the answer.
>>
>> Ciao,
>> Gerhard
>
> You need to do a "purge" or "clean" or "compact" or "expunge" depending on
> your mail client. (The actually IMAP command they run is called "EXPUNGE")

I knew the Expunge command but it looks like that the MultiXpunge from the
Xpunge plugin for thunderbird does not work correctly (it does nothing,
maybe because I'm not authenticated on the second account). Normal Xpunge
works well.

pine displays it correctly as "D". Expunge works well.

Thanx for the answer.

Ciao,
Gerhard