[Dovecot] Support for Kmail maildir format

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 11:28:50 EET 2006

On Friday 27 Jan 2006 07:32, Gunter Ohrner wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 23:36, schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > weakness.  It cannot adequately search messages.  You are
> > restricted to a few main headers
>
> ?
>
> You can search for arbitrary headers.

OK - but often body searches are what's needed - for instance maybe I
remember that someone called David posted a message sometime in
December that had a useful tip about recording DVDs:  that would have
been easy to find when I had local mail, but it's impossible on my imap
folders.

> > body searching is impossible on the imap folders.
>
> I never used this, but it quick test using kMail 1.9.1 seems to
> indicate that it does work.

I believe it was planned, so maybe 1.9 introduced it.  I'm in the
process of updating my systems, so I'll look forward to seeing that.
If that is done it removes my only problem with kmail.  It is far and
away the most configurable of any MUA that I've seen.

Anne