[Dovecot] I gonna understand one day

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jan 29 13:31:27 EET 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 12:01 +0100, ohp at pyrenet.fr wrote:
> I'm still struggling with dovecot and Unixware:
> On my main server, I have two problems:
> 1- imap-login has great difficulties to connect to 'default'.
> I have traced it to accept in auth_master_listener.c witch fails with
> errno=71 (EPROTO) weird...

Well, unfortunately these are quite clearly UnixWare specific problems,
and there aren't many people who care about UnixWare anymore. I think
I'd rather use my free time (which I really don't have much nowadays)
for something that benefits more people..

> 2- It some times works and I can log-in but imap gets killed by signal 6
> (abort?)
> Jan 24 14:59:47 dovecot: imap(ohp): Trying to allocate 0 bytes

I'd like to get a backtrace from this though to see where it crashes.
See "Core dumps" in http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html