[Dovecot] Shared maildirs

Sun Jan 29 21:30:10 EET 2006

>> Yes, it will be nice if/when you get around to supporting the ability
>> for Users to Share their own folders, but all I care about is official
>> support (not a 'kludge') via administrator assigning the ACLs.
>
> OK, that at least comes within a month. I'm not exactly sure yet what
> would be the best way to configure them though. One possibility would be
> some global /etc/dovecot-acls.conf and another would be per-mailbox
> dovecot-acls file. Or perhaps both could be supported.. Suggestions
> welcome :)

Well, although IANAP, I like the idea of both - especially if the global
file can 'include' other individual files (group and/or individual
mailbox files?) - this would make it easier to manage acls, especially
in larger settings.

Whatever is secure, reliable and easiest will work for me, though. I do
not have a large user base to worry about, although I do have 5 or 6
virtual domains that I am managing.

I'm glad to hear this is coming soon. I'll definitely be ready and
waiting to switch.

Thanks!

Charles