[Dovecot] Openwebmail with Dovecot

Udo Rader udo.rader at bestsolution.at
Sun Jan 29 21:34:39 EET 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 14:16 -0400, Not Here wrote:
> So far I've managed to get Dovecot to work fine for regular POP users
> and Squirrelmail. Even though it seems dead slow and obsolete, a few

How come you think it is obsolete? the last release was in june 2005 ...
and about speed, it is indeed very fast if you combine it with
speedycgi.

> users would like to use Openwebmail. All users are virtual, and there
> are/will be no system accounts.

We are heavily depending on it for all our LDAP based webmail-only
customers. It required a bit of tweaking to get it working, but
eventually we got it working extremely stable.

> Anyone have a working example for Dovecot/Openwebmail for virtual user
> setup?

There are actually plenty of examples in the openwebmail distribution
for many types of virtual users, so just look and RTFM :-) Nothing is
special about dovecot&openwebmail in any regards, just use it like any
other IMAP/POP3 server.

regards

Udo Rader

--