[Dovecot] Invisible messages

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 30 13:32:34 EET 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 10:24 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 30 Jan 2006 07:57, Alan Premselaar wrote:
> >
> > Anne,
> >
> >  it looks like you just have had some small typos or
> > misunderstandings throughout this process.  anyways, it looks like
> > you're getting close.
> >
> > the problem with the above "${MAILDIR}/.INBOX.Design/new" is that
> > procmail will then write an mbox style file called "new" in
> > ${MAILDIR}/.INBOX.Design/  which is not what you want.
> >
> It doesn't seem to be doing that.  Take, for instance the folder
> INBOX.Fedora.Users - there are 14 individual messages in cur, 0 in new.
> All are visible over the lan.  It is noticeable, though, that the
> messages that came in when I was using /new are named differently from
> the ones accepted without /new, whatever that implies.

If you say ".INBOX.Design/new", procmail writes the messages in "MH"
format, which kind of works with maildir, but it behaves slightly
differently so that if you leave it on, you'll start getting "expunged
mail reappeared" errors from Dovecot.

So, ".INBOX.Design/" is the right way to do it for maildir..