[Dovecot] writing a plugin for LDA to chain Unix pipes

Marcus Rueckert rueckert at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Sat Jul 1 06:17:33 EEST 2006

On 2006-07-01 00:39:40 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> I've spent some part of the last week on trying to figure out
> whether dovecot LDA meets our requirements for a new mail server
> infrastructure (the IMAP and POP servers, as well as the SASL
> backend certainly do; thanks a lot!). The one thing that's holding
> me back is that we need per-user integration of SpamAssassin and
> some other, custom content filters, all of which are implemented as
> Unix pipe filters.

run them in your MTA before pushing stuff into the LDA?

e.g. i deliver incoming via lmtp to dspam. dspam reinjects the mail into
postfix. and postfix calls dovecot-lda to deliver the mail.

works flawlessly here. so i dont see why we should bloat dovecot-lda,
when most mail server handle that just fine already.

just my 2 cents,

    darix

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux