[Dovecot] set quota on INBOX only

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 1 20:33:35 EEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 23:09 +0200, Kristian Vlahovicek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I configure the IMAP quota plugin to force quotas on inbox only?
> I would like to limit the size of each of the user's inbox (in
> /var/mail/%u) to 50 meg and I do not want to force any quotas in their
> folders (mbox style). They should keep their inbox small :)

I think proper support for this comes after v1.0, but for now you should
be able to kludge this.

Dovecot's quota code currently supports only one namespace. So create
two namespaces: the first one only for INBOX and the second containing
the rest of the folders. So something like:

namespace private {
  location = mbox:/var/lib/dovecot/empty-non-writable-dir:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:INDEX=%h/mail
  prefix = #inboxonly
  inbox = yes
  hidden = yes
}