[Dovecot] subscription to mail folders not working properlyanymore with dovecot1.0x ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 4 16:46:44 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 15:17 +0200, Alain Hofer wrote:
> What I saw meanwhile truss log makes me suspecious:
>

> 1530:   rename("/home/hofer/Mail/.subscriptions.lock", "/home/hofer/Mail/.subscriptions") = 0
..
> 1530:   open64("/home/hofer/Mail/.subscriptions", O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT

This is the same problem as I heard before from another Solaris NFS
user. I think this is clearly a bug in it. The rename succeeds and
nothing ever deletes the file, so it should exist. This can be worked
around by closing the file descriptor before doing rename().

The attached patch probably helps, but I'm not sure if it fixes all the
problems. I'd suggest checking if there are patches to Solaris itself
that fix this. If there are, I'd like to hear about them so I can in
future refer people to them.