[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0 RC1 + Plugin cmusieve "Sendmail qui with signal 11"

Dominique Feyer dfeyer at net4all.ch
Tue Jul 4 18:18:47 EEST 2006

Le mardi 04 juillet 2006 à 17:39 +0300, Timo Sirainen a écrit :
> On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 11:33 +0200, Dominique Feyer wrote:
> > I just install RC1 + Plugin cmusieve (cvs), the sieve script is compiled
> > and the sive lib seems OK. But in my log I have sendmail qui with signal
> > 11 when I try to send a mail with "redirect" or "vacation" ?
>
> I remember hearing this before too. Did you ask about it before too? :)

Yes I have this problem one week before with some delivery problem
(setuid).

Now with RC1, I can have deliver setuid, so I can use my virtual
user/group (postgres) with LDA. And just for this thanks, this is
perfect.

> Anyway, I can't really think of why it would crash. What if you change
> the sendmail_path to /bin/true, does it still crash? (ie. is the crash
> because of the sendmail binary or is it Dovecot's forked process that
> crashes before starting the binary?)

I try with /bin/true, no error in the log, so I think this is a sendmail
problem. I use the lateste postfix stable package for Debian Sarge ...
that's a strange problem.

> If it really is crashing inside /usr/lib/sendmail, there's really
> nothing that I can do about it.

Thanks for everything, your work on dovecot is really nice.

--
Dominique Feyer
Administrateur Système
dfeyer at net4all.ch