[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0 RC1 + Plugin cmusieve "Sendmail qui with signal 11"

Dominique Feyer dfeyer at net4all.ch
Thu Jul 6 15:18:36 EEST 2006

If the deliver is setuid/setgid, the sendmail binary must be
setuid/setgid too. Without this sendmail try to check limits.conf (pam)
for the virtual user. For the system the virtual user doesn't exist and
sendmail crash with a segfault (signal 11)

Before that, I try to do a wrapper in bash to lauch sendmail with sudo
(more configurable than setgid), but a virtual user can't use sudo. You
must configure pam to have this virtual user in linux too.

Sendmail as setgid binary is not a really good solution for security,
but it's the only solution I found.

On a lots of system sendmail is setgid, but not on debian.

--
Dominique Feyer
Administrateur Système
dfeyer at net4all.ch