[Dovecot] bug/feature

Paul Blankenship manager at scronline.com
Thu Jul 6 19:13:23 EEST 2006

	I don't know if this has been mentioned here or even thought of in the
grand scheme of things and I'm just sending a one time email about it
"just in case"
	I recently swapped my server around and I'm using dovecot now....LOVE
it!  Could use a bit more intuitive error messages, but otherwise, it's
great!
	But there is one flaw that I've run into with my users.  Case
sensitivity.  As you all know, Linux is case sensitive and windows is
not and mail should always be lower case.  I have users who are checking
Thisemail at domain.tld instead of thisemail at domain.tld.  This causes my
build to create a folder for Thisemail at domain.tld to check instead of
pulling mail from thisemail at domain.tld
	Either rate, I'm correcting users when I find it, but it doesn't help
when I have those that USE ALL CAPS BECAUSE EITHER IT'S COOL OR THEY USE
IT FOR OTHER PURPOSES AND DON'T TURN IT OFF.  No, I'm not yelling, I'm
being sarcastic :)
	Anyway, just incase noone was aware of that little "issue"....

--
Paul Blankenship
Solano Computer Resource

For all your business and residential computer and Internet needs.
Because IT just works.