[Dovecot] FYI: timosieved

Luca Corti luca at leenoox.net
Thu Jul 6 23:28:11 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 15:55 -0400, John Peacock wrote:
> only choice available for sites not using timsieved is the Ingo
> component of Horde, which is way too fat to install by itself (plus it
> uses FTP for a transport, which I make it a rule not to install).

I'm using that solution right now. Ingo is ok if you are using horde
already, but managesieve would be really cool and could be interfaced
with just naything talking managesieve. Provided the Ingo+FTP solution
is ugly and heavy, exactely what are your concerns wrt installing a
local FTP daemon?

> For testing purposes, I am hacking together a Perl module based on the
> Net::Server model (which is not suitable for production).  If this goes
> well (the managesieve protocol is painfully stupid and the only tricky
> part is linking in libsieve), then I'll do a rewrite in C.  It will
> authenticate directly to Dovecot through the auth-client (or
> auth-master) mechanism, so whatever SASL methods that Dovecot supports,
> it will support.

This is really nice. Can't wait to try it out.

> I've decided that the eventual server will be called timosieved, in

Cool name, btw when will timosieved be ready? ;)

--
Luca Corti
PGP Key ID 1F38C091