[Dovecot] Newbie on Fedora 5

Yudhvir Singh Sidhu ysidhu at ucdiscoverygrant.org
Fri Jul 7 00:50:44 EEST 2006

Hey Guys,

I want to transition from Merak to Postfix/Dovecot. I am not sure how to
begin. I have been reading the different Howtos - cocktail of services to
Postfix like ClamAV, Spamassissin, Greylisting, Jamm, SquirrelMail.

The thing is that I want stable IMAP mail. Here is what I want to do:
a.  Stand alone linux box for email only - 25 users
b.  provide IMAP and web
c.  provide SSL authentication, spam filtering and virus checking.
d.  I would perfer to setup flat file, or unix based SIMPLE authentication
scheme.
e.  Current users are on windows and are popping mail. Although we have
LDAP, can we have another LDAP server which lives with existing server?
f.  I have Fedora 5 installed. I have Dovecot, Postfix, Cyrus-SASL
installed. As well as webmin to manage it all.

Any suggestions to get running quickly?

h.  I need to preserve the popped mail sitting in user Outlook clients.
--
Yudhvir Singh Sidhu, 3-4039