[Dovecot] Corrupted index & index data file

james edwards lists.james.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 04:51:03 EEST 2006

We just moved to a new box for POP/IMAP services. I rsynced /home and
/var/spool/mail to the new box from the old with the archive switch. It went
smoothly but I am seeing more corrupted index & index data file errors in
the log than I normally do. I thought I read that Dovecot would rebuild
these files after the user accessed them the second time, if corrupt. Is
this correct ? Is there a better way to deal with this issue other than
deleting them so they are recreated the next time the user checks their mail
?

james
<jedwards at nmcourts.com>