[Dovecot] Authentication error with corrections

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Mon Jul 10 16:55:07 EEST 2006

Hi, Curtis (and the group),

	I tried setting up Dovecot's auth default section as you described, with both authdb and userdb set to 'passwd.' It let the authenticated session start on the POP side, but I got consistent authentication failures on the client side that the passwords didn't match.

	I don't have any more time to mess with it this morning, but I will make it a point to try 'shadow' when I get in this evening. It's possible that NetBSD wants to work that way.

	Thanks for your help.