[Dovecot] Any news with the MS OE "Headers only" problem?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jul 10 17:00:16 EEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 16:56 +0300, Sysadmin wrote:
> Tere.
> >
> > With dnofify/inotify enabled I think it should work pretty well most
> > of the time. It's anyway a bug in OE and it can't be fixed by the IMAP
> > server.
> >
> I'm using the 2.4 kernel, so dnotify is the only solution, so I must
> install the dnotify package and enable in the dovecot.conf the
> mailbox_idle_check_interval = 30 option and thats its? And is the
> default 30 ok?

If you have dnotify in kernel and it actually works (see that dovecot
--build-options lists it and you're not using NFS), you don't need to
install anything. mailbox_idle_check_interval also doesn't matter
because the point of dnotify is exactly that changes are noticed
immediately without having to poll for them.