No subject

Mon Jul 3 17:58:55 EEST 2006

pop3
and pop3s under protocolos but still seeing the imap-login process, it
sounds like your dovecot install isn't reading the proper configuration =
file
(or at least the one you're editing). Maybe that's why these changes =
don't
seem to do anything?

--=20
Jeff Graves, MCSA
Image Source, Inc.
508.966.5200 x31=20
www.image-src.com

-----Original Message-----
From: dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org [mailto:dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org] =
On
Behalf Of Bruce Lane
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:30 AM
To: Petar Bogdanovic
Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org
Subject: Re: [Dovecot] passwd authentication issues (ATTN: Petar)

Hi, Petar,

On 12-Jul-06 at 08:49 Petar Bogdanovic wrote:

>> # wish to run the whole Dovecot without roots.
>> # http://wiki.dovecot.org/Rootless
>> login_chroot =3D yes
>
>Hmm, I had chroot(8) on my mind, but AFAIK, this option and chroot(8)
>have both something to do with chroot(2).
>
>I don't fully understand what `login_chroot' is actually doing.=20
>However,
>it's not activated in my dovecot.conf.
>
>$ grep login_chroot dovecot.conf.ssl
>#login_chroot =3D yes

	I changed my own file to reflect this. Didn't make any difference.

>What does `protocols' from your dovecot.conf say?

	Just pop3 and pop3s. That's it.

>That question war related to chroot(8). If you chroot things and if you
>want to authenticate `passwd'-users in this new chroot-ed environment.. =

>then you need at least pwd.db.

	In the same directory as Dovecot's configuration file, I'd wager?
I've not tried copying them into there just yet. Perhaps I should...

>> 	One other question: Pegasus (the mail client) has two options for
>secure POP connections besides apop (which I've shelved for the=20
>moment): STLS and direct SSL connection. I've got it set to direct SSL=20
>at the moment. Does this sound right?
>
>How about trying plain-pop3 / plain-imap? Maybe your problem has
>something to do with ssl..

	Well, I'm not set up at all for IMAP, and plain pop3 doesn't work
either when Dovecot is enabled (it insists on getting authentication).

	I'm going to experiment a little more, but I'm kind of losing faith.
I'd looked upon Dovecot to be an all-in-one solution for both TLS and =
pop3s,
but the configuration is turning out to be something of a nightmare. =
It's
too bad qpopper wouldn't compile on my system...

	Thanks much.

-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-
Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com kyrrin (at)
bluefeathertech do/t c=3Do=3Dm "If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, =
would it
have been equipped with surreal ports?"