[Dovecot] Quota over 2GB supported?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 19:24:41 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 07:50 -0600, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> >> 2GB?!  Now can you really call that a "quota"? :-)
> >
> > A dollar's worth of disk space is a problem?
>
> Care to rethink the question?
>
> Consider "a dollar's worth of disk space" (which is actually quite a
> lot more with high performance redundant arrays) multiplied by lots
> of users = lots of money

It might be lots of money or it might not be. Software mirrored
SATA drives or a 3ware raid will serve a small/medium office nicely
(for some definition of small/medium).  So it becomes 2 dollars.
Google stores 2 gigs for free...

Regardless, it shouldn't be a software limitation, especially
after years of painful experience with 2GB limits lurking in
on piece of software or another long after the OS claimed to
have fixed that.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com