[Dovecot] userdb prefetch problem..

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Thu Jul 13 05:46:28 EEST 2006

On 7/11/06, Mike <cbrmike at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a setup that I'm working on migrating to Dovecot for thousands of
> users across a few dozen domains.. All users are authed from LDAP.. In
> LDAP, each user has a unique uidNumber, and varying gidNumber (for use
>  in other applications)
> As far as mail storage, the entire Maildir structure is owned by
>  UID/GID: vmail/vmail
>
> So, the uidNumber/gidNumber from LDAP is not needed. global uid/gid is
> set to 'vmail'

Would using a 'static' userdb instead of prefetch help?

e.g.
  # static settings generated from template
  userdb static {
    # Template for settings. Can return anything a userdb could normally
    # return, eg.: uid, gid, home, mail, nice
    #
    # A few examples:
    #
    #  args = uid=500 gid=500 home=/var/mail/%u
    #  args = uid=500 gid=500 home=/home/%u mail=mbox:/home/%u/mail nice=10
    #
    args = uid=112 gid=112 quota=maildir:storage=10240
  }

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956