[Dovecot] Squirrelmail Change Dovecot Password Plugin

Cecil S. Nutakor cnutakor at discoverytelghana.net
Fri Jul 14 14:00:41 EEST 2006

Having a plugin that allows squirrelmail to change Dovecot's password
would depend entirely on how you have your Dovecot passwords stored.

Peter your right,
My Dovecot passwords are stored in /etc/dovecot/passwd
and Dovecot users stored in /etc/dovecot/users

Thanks

> On 7/13/2006 07:42, Cecil S. Nutakor seems to have typed:
>> After a moment i noticed that i could make the users change their own
>> passwords using squirrelmail, but unfortunatly for me after googling
>> around the Internet and also visiting squirrelmail plugin page i could
>> not
>> find a change Dovecot password plugin for squirrelmail.
>

> If your Dovecot passwords are stored as system passwords, then you would
> have to allow PHP (squirrelmail) to change system passwords.  Currently,
> I have SQL store my Dovecot passwords (which are actually used for
> a lot of different authentication purposes), so it was trivial to write
> a page that allows users to change the password in the SQL database and
> would be easy to add this to squirrelmail if you wanted, but given how
> many ways that Dovecot can use for authentication, a generic plugin that
> works for all of them would be extraordinarily difficult (and a security
> risk for some of the password storage methods - you don't want PHP to
> be able to edit your /etc/passwd if you are using *BSD/*nix)

Office Of The
SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
DISCOVERYTEL GH