[Dovecot] strange dropping of Word.doc-attachements - sendmail dovecot RHEL4

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Jul 17 10:16:14 EEST 2006

Hi,

we have a strange problem: two of our users informed me, that they
aren't able to send word-.doc-files anymore while othe attachements work
fine. The e-mail gets deliverd, but the attachement is dropped.

This happens using the latest thunderbird 1.5.x and mac os x. The e-mail
is also not saved in the send-drawer. If the users send the same e-mail
to the same recepient using an other mailclient, there is no problem.

Other users (like me) using the same systemsettings and software
versions don't have the problem.

The server is RHEL 4 (2.6.9-kernel), sendmail 8.13.1 and dovecot 0.99.

We use Mailscanner and spamassassin too, but as only the two users do
have the problem I'm looking for some help to track this problem down.

Any ideas??

Thanks and best regards

Götz Reinicke
--